Connect Smart is a partnership that promotes ways for individuals, businesses and schools to protect themselves online. All New Zealanders will benefit if we can unlock the potential of the internet by using it in a safe and secure way. Learn to Connect Smart.
There are more and more reports about New Zealanders being affected by online theft and fraud, scams, malware, hacking and other mobile, computer and internet attacks. The techniques used to do this are increasingly sophisticated.
Despite this, many people remain relaxed about their cyber security. Unless they, their business, or family have been a victim, New Zealanders may not have taken the most basic steps to protect themselves online.
This website contains advice for home-users, businesses and schools. As part of an on-going effort, we will continue to add new information and features to help New Zealanders protect themselves and their businesses online.
Connect Smart is led by the government’s National Cyber Policy Office (NCPO), part of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, in partnership with a range of government agencies, non-government organisations, and the private sector.
Connect Smart – protect yourself online
- Don’t wait until it’s too late – be proactive; improve your digital security now before you become a victim.
- Improving your digital security is easy – it’s not complicated or expensive to take basic steps to protect yourself and your personal information.
- Protect yourself across all your devices – it’s as important to be secure on your smartphone and tablet as it is on your PC or laptop.
- Protecting yourself also protects friends, family and work – having your personal information compromised is more than an inconvenience and can have major consequences for you and everybody you know.
- Launch of Connect Smart Week – Minister Amy Adams, 16 June 2014